Newsletter l Winter – 2018
Distributors, Vendors Expect
Happy New Year in 2018
Vendors expect to grow their business through distribution in 2018 at an even healthier clip than 2017, according to survey results in our latest “Tech Distribution Outlook” research report. It’s also clear that vendors will count more on distributors to recruit new partners — and new types of partners — for their technologies and solutions. There’s plenty of good news to share: more vendors expect double-digit revenue growth through distribution in 2018 compared to our 2017 findings, and more vendors expect the indirect portion of their total business to increase, providing further evidence that distributors are advancing their value to vendors. Read the full column
A New Look for the GTDC!
The Global Technology Distribution Council’s sleek new brand identity reflects the organization’s progressive spirit and impressive member success worldwide. Check out our website featuring the new look, event updates and the GTDC’s 2018 Technology Distribution Outlook report – your inside source into what vendor channel executives and distribution leaders envision for the year to come. That’s informed perspective on the more than $150 billion in solutions business we expect GTDC members to generate in 2018.
GTDC Conference News
Mark Your Calendar:
First APAC Conference Scheduled for March 13-14 in Singapore
Mark your calendar now for the first-ever GTDC conference in Asia-Pacific. This March 13-14 invite-only event in Singapore is open to distributors and regional vendor leaders. Gain the latest insight and expert analysis on APAC trends through informative general sessions focused on local business trends, network with your peers and schedule one-on-one meetings to help grow your business.
Save the Dates:
2018 LATAM, EMEA and GTDC Summit Events
Hear from insightful speakers, engage in structured networking and discover the latest market research during the hottest technology distribution events of the year. Register now for LATAM and EMEA conferences and mark your calendar for GTDC Summit.
GTDC Research and Education
Channel Executives Share Business, Industry Insights for 2018
Read what today’s leading vendor channel executives expect from distribution next year in the new 2018 Tech Distribution Outlook report. An exclusive survey of 50+ IT leaders finds that more vendors recognize the value that distribution brings, but expectations are also increasing. Download the report now to get the full scoop on what distribution and IT managers expect in cloud, security, vertical markets, and much more.
New Online Self-Study GTDC Certificate Course Now Available
The GTDC Certificate Course is now available in a modular, online self-study format, accessible on PC, tablet or PDA. Highly interactive, the course combines video, activities and quizzes to present the content in easily digestible chunks. Participants can pause at any point in the estimated three- to four-hour session and resume where they left off. Upon completion, participants take an online exam to achieve the certificate accreditation. For specific details and the ability to log into the online portal, please send your inquiry to GTDCinfo@quadmark.com.
Learn More About Distributors’ Services Offerings
in New Interactive Webpage
From account management to XaaS consulting — and everything in between — details about the extensive portfolio of services offerings available from GTDC members has never been better explained or easier to see than in this informative, interactive page. Learn more about each GTDC member’s respective services capabilities, with links to their services pages aggregated in one place for easy access.
Research Partner Columns
The latest analysis from the GTDC’s database partners, CONTEXT, GfK, and The NPD Group, offers new insight into future trends:
• CONTEXT: Getting Geared Up for a Successful 2018
• GfK: Distribution: The Core of Supply Chain Networks 4.0
• The NPD Group: New Year, New Outlook: IT Distribution Perspective for 2018
GTDC in the News
News Coverage Highlights Channel Growth and How Distributors Are Transforming the Market
Read the latest industry press clips about the GTDC’s news and highlights, with coverage in both North America and Europe:
• Bar set in the clouds for 2018 distribution
• Distributor Council Report: Good Growth Ahead
• GTDC: Distribution set for a solid year
• La hiperconvergencia sigue siendo una gran oportunidad para el canal
• Die Distribution wächst dank umfassender Lösungen
• Los fabricantes esperan hacer crecer su negocio a través del canal en 2018
• Leveranciers zoeken cloud en security-distribiteurs
• Buenas perspectivas del canal mayorista europeo para 2018
• Oczekiwany dwucyfrowy wzrost zysków dystrybutorów IT
• 5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 10 January 2018
• Tygodniowy przegląd informacji ISBtech z sektora TMT
• IT-distributeurs creëren nieuwe ingangen voor alle marktsegmenten
• Ingram Micro Execs Discuss Consolidation, Partners, More
• Distributoren kämpfen um den ITK-Fachhandel
• Arrow ECS suma a Carbon Black a su oferta de ciberseguridad
• Der Mittelstand stützt die Distribution
• GTDC: Przychody na polskim rynku dystrybucji IT wzrosły o 1,2% w I-III kw. br.
• Business professor uses life lessons to help students expand worldview
• El canal de distribución de TI en Europa crece a buen ritmo
• GTDC-onderzoek verwacht groei technologie-distributie in Europa
• GTDC: Role of distribution growing as channel braces for IoT wave
• Distributors strike a balance as resellers struggle
• Role distributorů se mění, výrobci začínají vnímat hodnotu jejich zkušeností (GTDC)
• Vendor execs have a lack of understanding about distribution: GTDC
• Do vendors see the value of distributors?
• GTDC: Viele Hersteller verstehen die Distribution nicht
• Double Digit Growth in 2018 Distribution Expected
Your New Year’s
with the GTDC!
Follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
© 2018 All Rights Reserved. Global Technology Distribution Council